Welcome to my exploration for superbly decorated cakes and great recipes for those with milk allergies.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Why no milk?






My catalyst for making up scrumptious treats whether beverage, savory or sweet are the adverse effects from a nasty allergy to milk, developed during adulthood and pregnancy. Actually the list is a bit longer then just milk, including: whey, sodium casienate, lactose, gelatin etc. Basically anything from the udder end of a cow is a no go for our table. My kids luckily can eat an actual steak and hamburger whilst I look on and dine on turkey burgers, pork or chicken of some sort. I can not eat beef  with out suffering the consequences, so I would rather not.

Since I am a die hard foodie, meaning I love food, all food- great food and sweet foods alike, I have an insatiable appetite for knowledge of my daily bread and how to properly prepare it to it's fullest potential. It can be a bit challenging to alter recipes that call for butter and milk, cream or beef, but I am not deterred till I can tantalize our tongues with equitable renditions. I love researching recipes and experimenting with my substitutions. There is something scientifically geeky while simultaneously primitively satisfying about creating sustenance that is both beautiful and mouth watering.

No comments:

Post a Comment